At Terry Reilly we believe we are successful when we have a healthy, thriving community. This is accomplished as a result of our mission-driven and talented team. We provide integrated care throughout the Treasure Valley with our medical, dental, and behavioral health services - allowing our employees the unique ability to experience several disciplines of health care. It is important to us that our staff is given a healthy work-life balance, so we support and value your time in and out of the office. We also provide our employees with excellent benefits including options for free healthcare.
Performs a variety of laboratory tests, using established and approved protocols, which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Provides oversight and surveillance of lab activities across the organization. Partners with Nursing and Training leadership to provide mentoring, training and support to ensure quality performance of laboratory activities including adherence to quality control, quality assessment, proficiency testing and safety policies. Provides oversight of lab related equipment, inventory and testing supplies.
- Performs routine waive testing (as defined by CLIA '88) using established and approved protocols, meeting turn-around time standards. Recognizes deviation from expected results, correcting the problem or escalating as needed. Determines validity of test results based in part on instrument operation, results of quality control, specimen integrity and correlation with other laboratory tests or patient information.
- Accepts written or electronic orders from clinicians. Verifies patient demographic and billing information.
- Properly prepares specimens for shipment to reference laboratories; when necessary, contacts referral laboratories for information on tests.
- Collects blood specimens from patients. Instructs patients on collection of various specimens for laboratory testing. Ensure specimens tested are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
Pool and Lab Results Monitoring
- Monitors lab pools to verify that all lab tests have been completed and resulted across the organization timely. Completes resulting to support care teams as needed to ensure timely resulting for patients and providers.
- Monitors to ensure appropriate documentation that lab results are communicated to clinicians and patients. Alerting leadership of trends or issues or barriers needing addressed.
- Serve as first point of contact for outside lab vendor for Critical Labs or questions related to lab testing to ensure timely results.
- Provide lab results to patients as needed.
- Provides quarterly lab trending reports to Lab Committee, including recommended process/quality improvement activities, to provide for routine monitoring and advancement of lab related activities.
Equipment and Supplies
- Order and test all new and replacement lab equipment before putting into operation.
- Perform instrument and test system quality control and maintenance according to procedures. Troubleshoot problems encountered.
- Monitors quality control activities delegated to other staff members to ensure tasks are completed and documented.
- Analyses quality control data for trends and abnormalities and make recommended changes to clinical leadership.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled on laboratory instrumentation and assures proper operation of lab equipment.
- Records preventive maintenance documentation and all other indicators (temperature, timers, etc.) as required by the procedure manual.
- Responsible for inventory management and ordering of lab and testing related supplies and reagents, in partnership with nursing leadership and purchasing department.
- Bachelor of science with 1 year of laboratory training or experience.
- Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MT/MLS(ASCP).
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Three years physician office laboratory experience.
Terry Reilly Health Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.