Certified Medical Assistant
Post Falls, Coeur d’Alene, Rathdrum ID • Medical - Post Falls
We are North Idaho’s premier provider of integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed, community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and extends life for our patients and our community.
Top reasons to join our team:
- Our employees are mission – minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
Works closely with providers and other medical assistants/lead nurse/nurse manager to provide quality care to patients in a positive work environment.
- Completion of nationally accredited Medical Assistant program or relevant work experience and certification as a Registered Medical Assistant.
- Certification from a nationally recognized organization, such as AAMA or NHA.
- Minimum of one year of prior outpatient medical assistant experience preferred.
- CPR certification or must obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation if hired for a float position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Successful completion of a nationally accredited Certified Medical Assistant certification program or relevant work experience and national certification or registration as a Medical Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely rooming of patients, performing vital signs, taking chief complaint, and verifying medication list.
- Required vital signs on each patient: annual height; weight, pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure. Oximetry when indicated.
- Prepping exam room and patient for procedures, such as minor surgery, physicals, female exams, etc.
- Remain in exam room for all pelvic, breast, rectal, or genital examinations.
- Complete paperwork related to office visit (lab requisitions, pathology forms, WHC forms).
- Clean examination rooms after each visit and at the end of each day.
- Restock exam rooms weekly and as needed.
- Call patients with lab and/or test results after provider has reviewed results and written recommendations.
- Return all patient phone calls promptly. Same day call-backs are preferred. All calls must be returned within 24 hours. Urgent calls should immediately be brought to the provider’s attention.
- Document critical lab values/test results when received via telephone and immediately bring results and chart to provider.
- All PT/INR results should be brought with chart to provider on the day in which results are received.
- Pharmacy refills may be done after the provider has approved. Document all refills on medication refill sheet. Update medication log at each appointment. Provide samples/stock medications to patients as instructed by provider. Providers must check to ensure proper medication is being dispensed.
- Sample meds to be checked weekly for expiration dates and log completed.
- Enter diabetic patient information into the PECOS registry daily.
- Perform injections, vaccinations, finger-sticks, urinalysis, urine pregnancy testing urine drug screens as directed by provider.
- Complete all documentation related to childhood vaccinations – Vaccination record IRIS forms, parental consent/refusal forms. Log all injection lot #, expiration date, site.
- Make referrals as requested by provider; complete Health Connection referrals for Medicaid patients. Fill-out vouchers if indicated.
- Schedule diagnostic tests (mammograms, echocardiograms, MRI, CT, etc.)
- All work assigned by supervisor or provider must be completed in the week in which it was assigned. All Friday work should be completed no later than Monday. All work assigned prior to long holiday weekends must be done prior to the end of the workday.
- Heritage Health staff have an active role in our Patient Centered Medical Home model of care. This role is designated as part of the Heritage Health PCMH Care Team.
- All documentation must be initialed, signed and dated.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.